Monday, February 19, 2007

Insect Of Redemption

א' באדר תשס"ז

In a previous post, I mentioned performing a "brit milah" on my witch's pestle this past shabbat. I also wrote of the formation of a man's figure in the dripping wax of my black shabbat candle as I made my kabbalistic name incense the same night. I had already prepared the reversal candle for the upcoming full moon reversal ritual prior to both blending the incense and to noticing the wax formation. In the entry, I also noted that I had let the wax figure fall off naturally as the candle melted. But, there is more to the story than previously reported ...

I let the wax man's figure, which amazingly still looked exactly the same as it had on the side of candle, remain where it had fallen from the candle onto the pentacle altar tile overnight. I wasn't sure what to do with it, so strange and perfectly formed was it, so I just left it there. I went to bed.

The next morning as I lay in bed not fully awake yet, I had a sudden vision in my mind of a black "shadow" insect running from the wooden altar box (in which my prepared reversal candle had been safely stored) over to and merging with the black wax of the figure laying on the pentacle. I knew this was not a "real" bug, but an insect of some mystical importance. I immediately got up, lit dragon's blood incense and a sage smudge stick, running the wax figure through the smoke of both. I then immediately put it in a box for leftover ritual candle wax for "burial in the earth" later.

I didn't know what the black bug meant, but I didn't want any negative energies attaching to something which was clearly important.

Insect in Hebrew is חיפושות and has a total gematria of 810. The digit sum of this value is 9, which is the value of the letter tet ט. Interestingly, insect - though one appears ugly - is from the shoresh חפש meaning "freeing" and "redeeming".

Technorati tags:

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.