Monday, April 16, 2007

Busy Bees

כ"ח בניסן תשס"ז

This morning, I dreamt. A small portion of the dream:

There was a banquet, with many people sitting around many round tables in a large banquet hall. The dinner had some kind of religious-community significance. I had the impression that one man sitting at one of the tables away from the room's entrance, although I couldn't see him with all the activity going on, liked me. I tried to see who he was, but peoples' bodies blocked my clear view through the crowd up and about moving around.

Everyone contributed some food for the banquet. I brought in a huge kettle of dumplings, enough for everyone.

The ladies in charge of distributing the food among the tables, took my large kettle of dumplings and arranged the dumplings in circled piles (donut-shaped) on large round platters. They were arranging the dumplings such that it appeared that I hadn't brought enough dumplings for all the people. They were overfilling some round platters so that other platters had none on them. This disturbed me. I wanted them to just leave them together in the one kettle and ladle out portions per person, and not put them on separate table platters - which made them like cheap storebought dumplings. They were also trying to make my contribution appear insufficient, although I knew it wasn't. Fancy, it wasn't. Sufficient, it was.

I didn't have time to protest, because I had to run and leave the banquet, to escape someone out to harm me.

The dream didn't end here or end bad, but this is all I'm going to post.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.