Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Witch Lives

I dreamt.

I was a young beautiful woman with long dark hair living in a European medieval country home alone. I was wearing a peasant smock with an apron like those of medieval times.

I was, but I wasn't, married yet. Like the formal ceremony hadn't occurred and I was still living as a single woman, yet I had become married in some manner of way. I was still living alone but my husband was on his way "home". I really didn't know who he was. It was sort of like he had married me without my realizing it. I was a bit untamed, so he had done it on the sly somehow. I think he was a bit scared of me, but not scared enough not to do it. Also oddly, I was pregnant by him forward in time somehow, though it didn't show.

While I was living alone, another woman came to my cottage to murder me and to assume my identity. She wanted to be me. She and her supporters threw me far out into a large body of water, tied and weighted down with heavy stones, thinking I would surely drown.

After she and her supporters "got rid of me" in this manner, the woman magically took on my appearance as she stood on the shore between the large lake and my cottage. She looked just like me. Only she wasn't me. She stood there facing my home as if in some ritual calling for my "soul" to enter her form.

She thought she had killed me and was waiting to take possession of both my soul and home. But, I wasn't dead. I had thrown off the stones with which I had been shackled and emerged from the lake. I walked up from the lakeshore, stood behind her and observed her as she worked to possess all that I was and had. She hadn't noticed my approach.

Suddenly, I spoke to her. I'm back. You can't have what I am.

She fled, vanishing into thin air. I saw that as I had been thrown into the lake, this action had simultaneously displaced most of the lakewater into the place where the man attached to me was. Water rushed into the area, filling and overflowing the structure he was in (and the entire village), covering over the rooftops. He and his dog escaped drowning, exiting the water-flooded house through the roof, swimming to the surface.

I saw the man attached to the woman who had tried to assume my identity relaxing in a large indoor pool in a princely-like house overseeing the village. Some of his knights or business associates came in to announce to him that "something" had not gone quite as planned. We are still alive.

I woke up.

Technorati tags:

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.