Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Beginning Of Wisdom

I dreamt.

I lived with my 3 young children in a small house on the corner point [1] of a street (derech) which led into the center of the business district of the poor minority section of a town. We were new residents in the area.

I was working on my computer which was somehow hooked into a large plasma-TV. The large TV came with the rental house. I didn't have a plasma-screen TV. I didn't have a TV at all.

Nevertheless, as I was checking out its connections to my computer for work, a band of thieves (ganavim) saw that I had a large plasma-screen TV in the house and broke in to rob us, even with my children and I clearly in the house. In broad daylight. They went about where ever they wanted and took my stuff.

The people in this part of town didn't want to get involved. We were poor and a minority. I was new on the street. I didn't "look like" a poor minority. I was blonde too. And besides, they thought, I had a plasma-TV. They didn't. I think that they wanted it to be stolen. How dare I have a large plasma-TV in my house as a newbie to the area when they didn't have one. It didn't matter that the TV had come with renting the house. I hadn't known about the TV until after I had moved in.

The thieves said they just wanted my stuff, but I feared that they would murder us. They had big machine guns with them.

During the evacuation of my stuff (when the thieves were preoccupied with hauling out my things), in the backyard, I whispered to a neighbor child across the fence to go into her house and call the police. She came toward my house to call the police. NO! Go to your house and call the police! I said. But, she wouldn't listen and got caught up with my kids.

During another evacuation of my stuff, with the thieves again preoccupied, I told all the children to "get away" from the house. RUN! I said as I put the baby into my oldest son's arms. Get away from here! Go now! to the other end of the street where all the people are and call the police again.

Even though I had called the police already, the police were nowhere around. I feared they wouldn't show up in time to save my children. I thought even in the dream that they were deliberately avoiding the neighborhood, as it was a poor minority neighborhood. We'd all be dead if I waited for the police to show up. So, I sent the kids away to face the thieves alone.

Alone, somehow, I scared the thieves off. They had most of my stuff though. They hadn't taken my old computer. I walked into town to get my kids and call the police. Now, the police came and took a report. The crime had taken place over the course of 2 hours [2] and only now, after 2 hours, had the police shown up.

I walked to the side of the house to investigate a line of 4 teenage girls who sat against the north wall of my house. "Tough break", the 3rd one down the line said. I directed my attention toward her. She had a handgun. "It's for protection", she said as she noted my glance at her gun. "Ok" I said and turned to walk on down the line.

With my back to her, I felt a spray of water, like being shot with a water-gun. I laughed. It had only been a water gun! I felt bad for thinking maybe she had been dangerous.

I turned to apologize. I hadn't been wrong the first time - she had intended to shoot me in the back. And she did shoot me in the back - only her shot at me had fallen on me as water, and the bullet itself had backfired into her own neck.

I saw the bullet hole full of blood in her neck. She was stunned and dying from her own weapon and attack.

I woke up.

Footnotes:

[1] See here, regarding the previous dream which occurred on "Brewer Road" ביאר-ר. Consequently, this dream pertains to the dalet-reish ד-ר transformation. In other words, it pertains to the "ר-beginning of wisdom" which is bitul-ד.

[2] I watched a movie yesterday, The Lake House, about soulmates "separated in time" by 2 years. Here, in my dream, there was a "time separation" of 2 hours (as opposed to years). I'm not sure yet what this detail means. שנה is a year; שעה is an hour.

Technorati tags:

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.