Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Mashiach Bar Moshe

I had several dreams this morning, two of which revolved around the root רXב, where X is variable, and where the entire array is subject to shapeshifting (transformation and clarification, אתהפכא חשוכא לנהורא).

Dave at Balashon writes regarding albacore tuna, that albacore is etymologically related to בכור (bekhor, firstborn), בוקר (boker, morning) and בחור (b'chor, in a hole).

This boker, I dreamt.

First, I was in a supermarket. On the shelves were many varieties of tuna fish to choose from. I choose the smaller can because it was a better quality tuna, even as others around me choose the larger cans of tuna because there was more in them, and even though the "more" tuna was of a lesser quality.

I made a tuna casserole with my high-quality "select" tuna. The others also made tuna casseroles using the tuna each of them had chosen. When the casserole dishes were done and being eaten, everyone raved about how excellent my tuna casserole tasted. Little wonder, as I had used the better quality (over quantity) tuna. Now, everyone realized that more tuna doesn't necessarily mean a better casserole, as my critical mass of tuna had created a clearly tastier casserole.

Second, I was at my firstborn son's (bekhor) home. We were making a "resting place" for me in a dark cozy hole (b'chor) in the living room wall. I had a blue blanket to sleep on. But, it wasn't time, something wasn't quite right about it, so I came out of the hole in the wall and re-entered the living room.

I woke up.

Technorati tags:

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.