Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Adversaries

מור Of Transformative Mordechai & Malchitzedek

I dreamt.

I was in a town and wouldn't bow down to The Boss, who was like a small-giant monkey-like creature. Everyone worked for him, like he was a king or something. Anyone who wouldn't bow down and acknowledge him as Boss Supreme was exterminated. Most people acquiesced to keep their lives, their jobs and their "places" in the established order.

Except me, of course. And 3 others who decided to try to rebel with me as well. We were fired from our day jobs and had to run from The Boss and his henchpeople. It was nighttime.

We four hid in my parents' garage because it was dark in there and the openings into it were too small for The Boss and his henchmen to come through into the garage to drag us out. But, they were looking for us diligently. They couldn't find us, but after failing to find us anywhere, they became suspicious that we might be hiding in the garage - the only place they hadn't looked yet because of the small openings.

The Boss started speaking threats, curses and "deals" right outside the garage, directing them to us inside the garage, promising leniency to those who would surrender, come out and bow down, accepting his indisputable authority. For those who continued to refuse, there would be no mercy once the garage was destroyed and we were forced out into the open.

Two of those who were with me surrendered. Not me and one other. We crawled further back into the darkness, hiding in the shadows and corners of the workshop room of the two-room garage (my parents' garage was separate from the house had 2 rooms in it - one for the car and one for my father's workshop - when I was a little girl). We stayed away from the windows where the big faces of the henchpeople and The Boss were peering into the darkness of the garage trying to see us inside.

The Boss was really getting annoyed now. He developed a plan and sent in a few of his very smallest henchpeople through the doors under a spotlight to drag us out, as the two who had surrendered gave up the information that we were definitely hiding there.

The Boss gave us one last chance to bow down. I refused. The other person who had stayed by my side in the garage also refused. For some reason this person was attached to me and had attached his fate to mine, although I had the feeling that he was doubtful that we'd survive. But, if he was going to ever escape, now and with me was his chance to do it.

We were sentenced to be tortured and hung by those who lived in a long line of little bitty houses by the gully. The houses reminded me of fire ants for some reason. Although they didn't look like ants, they were very small and illuminated by a reddish light. The little houses all lined up in a line had many signs on their doorposts - among them, the top two, a cross and a mezuzah.

I was a "giant" towering over these little reddish houses so small that looked like they belonged in a board game. (In the dream, the thought to step on them all and squish them never even entered my mind. I'm not sure why, as I write my description of the dream, it would seem the "logical" and "easy" way not to get strung up - if one is capable of squishing one's adversary.)

The Boss brought us to the line of little red-lit houses to be tortured and hung. They couldn't do it. They wouldn't do it. In the melee that followed their collective refusal, The Boss somehow became "strung up" and hung instead of us.

I was the New Boss now. I ran the business with justice. All acknowledged it.

Except a few from the Old Kingdom. They had a complaint that they weren't being treated fairly in the New Kingdom which I ran. They brought me their complaint.

All were waiting. Would these complainers be killed just like in the Old Kingdom? Had I set myself up as a New Idol? Surely I would kill these complainers to keep power and order in the New Kingdom.

No, I said. If there is any injustice in my Kingdom, we will fix it. Let's hear the evidence.

I woke up. And dozed some more. As I was re-awakening, I heard the beautiful sound of birds singing through my mind (not in physical reality were birds singing outside).

The Celtic Festival of Rhiannon (Gwyl o Rhiannon) is coming up December 2. Rhiannon is to Celtic mysticism as Tzipporah is to Jewish Kabbalah. Here is a lyrics excerpt from a song about Rhiannon by Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mack:

Rhiannon rings like a bell through the night
And wouldn't you love to love her
She rules her life like a bird in flight ...

All your life you've never seen -
A woman - taken by the wind
Wouldn't you stay if she promised you heaven
Will you ever win ...

Rhiannon, the Sacred Feminine archetype of Liberation
Rhiannon, whose Judaic correspondence is Tzipporah
Rhiannon, whose Celtic name means "Divine"

It's Purim, it's Purim, it's Purim in the month of Ngetal-Cheshvan.

Technorati tags:

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.