Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Standing In The Sea, Descending To The Ark

ב' באב תשס"ז

In my previous entry, I wrote in my storm-raising dream, that I observed the mission in action while standing in the sea. This point is significant. While Jewish tradition teaches that successful prayer stands in the high places of the universe, my dream is also teaching that truth stands in the deep places of the universe, namely the deep deep cold cold sea (atzilut in assiyah). It truthfully stormed here last night, in my dream (atzilut in yetzirah) and in the physical world (atzilut in assiyah).

The "standing" prayer in Jewish tradition is the Amidah prayer. This prayer pertains to the world of atzilut (nearness to the Divine) and to the idea of resurrection of the dead (techiyat hametim) [1]. Following the Amidah prayer, in the liturgical service comes Kriat HaTorah (being called up to the Torah).

The kabbalistic concept of standing pertains to the ability of the entire array of sefirot to work in balanced harmony, without which one could not stand on one's legs in a place so deep it whispers silently, moving among one's dreams. One stands before descending to the ark holding the Torah in the Temple.

Footnote:

[1] On the southern corner of my Jewitch altar on the east wall of my bedroom is a black bowl always containing pure spring water and salt from the Dead Sea in Israel.

Lady Life Of The Endless Sea

Cast your eyes on the ocean
Cast your soul to the sea
When the dark night seems endless
Please remember me

(lyrics above from Loreena McKennett's Dante's Prayer)

Technorati tags:

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.