Saturday, July 28, 2007

Shown Shamir

י"ג באב תשס"ז

I dreamt a many-faceted dream this morning.

In much of the dream, I was like a demon-buster. I was taken to places to drive out demons and send them back to their source (which I did). Yet, in the midst of all the action, there was one point where I was walking alone to some place, and as I walked, I came upon a huge worm-like living creature also "walking" alone and returning to its lair after doing whatever it had been doing in the world I found myself in.

The worm-like living creature was the shamir as described in midrash regarding Solomon. I knew it.

I was shown Shamir.

On the shamir, Immanuel Velikovsky writes:

The names of the twelve tribes were inscribed on the twelve semi-precious stones of the Urim and Tummim, the breastplate of the High Priest, not by carving, but by writing with a certain fluid and “showing” them to Shamir, or exposing them to its action. In the opinion of modern authors, the expression “was shown to Shamir”—“clearly shows it was the glance of a living being which effected the splitting of wood and stones.”2 It is admitted, however, that “in the Talmudic-Midrashic sources it is never explicitly stated that the Shamir was a living creature.”3

Indeed. In addition to dreaming this morning explicitly about the shamir, yesterday afternoon I received my witch's order which included the new spellcraft materials of aloeswood (used to intensify power of tikun-tohu blends) and a ritual candle for the upcoming Sabbat, Llughnasadh (initiating the harvest season, corresponding to "joy" as found in the final hei of the tetragrammaton). The Llughnasadh ritual candle contains within the top of the yellowgold wax a tiger eye stone, a stone of well-being. שלום

In addition to the tigereye stone I now have, on my altar is a green stone of abundance, transformation and healing, chrysoprase. שלום רב

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.