Friday, July 27, 2007

Time Messages

י"ב באב תשס"ז

Some odd things concerning time happened today, so I'm going to post a documentary entry about them.

Driving home from work on the interstate highway, I looked at my wristwatch - I wanted to stop at the store on the way home. My watch had stopped keeping time at 3:47 p.m. Indiana time. I pushed in the little knob on the side of the watch face and it started ticking again. I pulled it back out to re-stop my watch - to save the exact time time had stopped on my watch over shabbat, sensing that somehow this small detail might be important later. I don't know how the button inadvertantly got pulled out, stopping my watch. I've never done this before.

After going to the store to get some 4-way medicine for my allergies, I turned onto Bowman Avenue and came upon the 3-way T-shaped intersection with Buchanan Street. On the T-shape, I was traveling up the vertical line. Stopping at the stop sign, square at the top of the T facing me, was a small new sign maybe 2 feet tall in its entirety that had never been there before today. The small sign was introducing a new business called "Thread Of Time". The sign pointed an arrow toward my right. I turned left to go home.

Odd things concerning time.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.