Tuesday, June 12, 2007

New Moon Pidyan Haben

כ"ז בסיון תשס"ז

Thursday evening, the evening before my father's heart surgery on Friday morning, marks the new moon (ב) in Gemini, where the planet Mercury and the letter pei (פ) rule Gemini, and where Gemini corresponds to the letter zayin (ז). Taken together, these three astrological letter correspondences have a gematria of 89, the same gematria as the hebrew word פדה meaning "redeem".

My father is a firstborn son. My own firstborn son was born C-section. I will be performing a new moon esbat redemption ritual (a modified Jewitch's pidyan haben) Thursday evening for my father. The form the ritual will take is yet to come.

Technorati tags:

1 comment:

Lori said...

My father's surgery and 24 hour recovery period have gone excellently. Will be posting shortly.

Dare to be true to yourself.