Monday, March 12, 2007

Underworld & The Sea

כ"ג באדר תשס"ז

I dreamt.

There was a staged contest of some sort between some other person and I. I was a participant, but I hadn't volunteered for this contest. I merely found myself "drafted" into it.

The set-up was like a minature golf course or something - we each had to aim and hit an object with a staff-like stick into one of several holes. We could choose which hole to aim for, but the harder the hole to make, the greater the "points" scored. We each had only one shot.

The woman with whom I was involuntarily competing was beside me in the next "lane" (our "testing" lanes were identical but separate). She chose to aim for the closest and easiest hole. She didn't think I had even a slim chance of hitting my object into any of my holes, so she opted for the easiest one. She made the hole. Her object fell into the closest and easiest hole in her lane.

I didn't know exactly what to do. I wasn't inclined to even try to hit the object into any hole. This was crazy. I had no intention of competing with anyone. I didn't even know this person. I think this may have been one of the reasons why the woman and her mentor-guide didn't think I had a chance - because I was clearly recalcitrant to even participate and clueless as to the game or to why I was there.

However, my spirit-mentor-guide beside me coached me into playing along. Okay. I hit the little object, not really aiming particularly, and my guide spiritually "guided" the object into one of the "harder" to make holes. Consequently, I got the greater amount of points and won the competition.

Then, the dream changed. I followed my guide into the Underworld to see. The ocean had broken into the Underworld at some point and catastrophically flooded through it. The entire ocean - all of it - cycled through the Underworld, torrentially filling most of its "space", and devastating it.

I also saw a more recent or upcoming second time the waters of the ocean would cycle through the Underworld. This time, the flood would be like a heavy rain - the waters maybe covering to the tops of a person's feet, and more nourishing in nature. The ocean hadn't really changed, but the Underworld had.

I woke up.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.