Thursday, May 31, 2007

Chayah Of The Chashmal

י"ד בסיון תשס"ז

In follow-up to my entry yesterday linking the black panther of my Sunday dream to Tuesday's news item of a spotted leopard attack in Israel, expounding on Ma'aseh Merkavah, Chagigah 13b instructs us:

Question: What is "Chashmal?"

Answer #1 (R. Yehudah): "Chayos Esh Memalelos" (Chayos of fire speaking)

Answer #2 (Beraisa): "Sometimes they are Chashos (silent), sometimes they are Memalelos (speaking)"

  1. When Hash-m gives forth His speech, they are silent.

  2. When Hash-m does not give forth his speech, they speak.

Interestingly, according to this gemara, when Hashem gives forth speech, the chayot (living beings and animals) are silent, as I was silent as I cast my dream spell. When Hashem does not give forth speech, the chayot speak, like the big cat spoke to me in performance of its service to the 2 adversarial witches on stage.

Consequently, the big cat sent to fetch me (and the other volunteer witches) was not acting as a messenger of Hashem, but as a messenger of the 2 adversarial witches. Such a animal messenger acting under a witch or wizard's compulsion is called a "fetch" or a "familiar".

In contradistinction to the adversarial witches' familiar sent to "fetch" me, I myself was acting through silence as a messenger of Hashem. Thus, there was no need for an animal intermediary to act under my compulsion. And thus, the chayah (living being) was silent as I cast my spell, having nothing to say, and released from captivity to the witches' compulsion.

Taking all this together, my dream Sunday was the mystical test of chashmal (speaking silence) associated with Ma'aseh Merkavah.

Technorati tags:

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.