Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Crystal Cave Of Hitbodedut

כ"ז כסלו תשס"ט
Shamash 28

When I was a child my parents frequently tried to coax me out of my bedroom where I was engaged in solitary play, reading, working with my microscope set or frequently, just thinking and being alone. They called my self-initiated retreat into my own space hibernation. I still hibernate to this day, whether at home or at the office. The drive to hibernate is integral to who I am, to my purpose in life and to my destiny. Importantly, I have naturally hibernated in my crystal cave of solitude (whether literally or thoughtfully) from my earliest memories of existence.

In light of this tendency toward cave-dwelling hibernation, linked from the dark depths to the Great Bear constellation and stars, the twenty-fifth shaman stone in my Temple collection corresponds to the spirit of Arth (the Welsh word for Bear), whose primal powers include hibernation, deep introspection, meditation (hitbodedut, self-seclusion), healthy vitality, reclaiming truth through unconventionality, attaining altered states of consciousness, astral travel and dreamworking. Arth is also associated with the winter solstice (the sabbat of Yule), bringing light from darkness (Chanukah), the North Star, the ancient stellar goddess, the throne of the queen of heaven, the realm of the crystal castle, the realm beyond time and the realm of causes. All of these associations link together through the idea that the great spirit of Arth is the great Crystal Cave spirit of crystal caves (which extend the field of apprehension), like in my poem The Magic Ladder.

As the shaman stone for Arth I've designated a natural peridot crystal specimen, a visionary stone whose shamanic qualities include protection, health, wealth, sleep, inner balance, peace and connection to destiny.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.