Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Legends Of The Rise

כ"ז כסלו תשס"ט
Shamash 28

The twenty-third shaman stone in my Temple Collection represents the spirit of Mouse, the creature who shared the extraordinary and stellar experience of traveling consciousness with me in the epiphany of 1967. Today I received a surprise gift with one of my supply orders - a moonstone, the traveler's stone - and my twenty-third shaman stone.

Raven Grimassi (The Witch's Familiar) writes of Mouse:

In old legends witches were believed to be able to transform into mice. Some tales include the belief that the soul of a witch appears as a mouse.

How very interesting to me, as a witch.

As a power animal, Mouse's wisdom includes "scrutiny, order, examining life's lessons, shyness, quietness, understanding details, seeing double meanings, stealth, guidance in signing contracts, discovery and the ability to be unseen." This last characteristic - the ability to be unseen - may account for Mouse's scrutiny of me and surprise that I could truly see it followed by Mouse's question to me in 1967 "what are you looking at?" Indeed, what was I looking at with such stealth, examination, scrutiny and interest to discover that I was propelled into the experience of a lifetime?

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.