Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Wisdom, Understanding And Knowledge

ז' כסלו תשס"ט
Shamash 8

This evening's divinatory reading was simply complex, performed with the waxing crescent moon 32% full, during the planetary day of Mercury, and during the planetary hour of Mercury.

First, I ritually drew a card from my Hidden Path deck. The card was mortar and pestle. It's signficance in a reading pertains to refined integration, incorporation and merging.

Second, I ritually drew three Hebrew letter cards. They were tav-yud-hei (תיה). A permutation of these letters is tav-hei-yud (תהי), meaning "let there be" (as in "let there be light"). In light of this understanding, I interpret my permutation to mean "there is" (as in "so mote it be", "and there was light" and "amen").

Third, I ritually drew an ogham stave from my newest set (this reading is my first use of them). I drew the fid coll. Coll corresponds to Mercury, wisdom and knowledge, and is the fid of attaining second-sight, wisdom, prophecy, true judgment, discernment and understanding.

Each system's elements supported the others' elements in this reading, integrating them into one perfectly coherent message, to actively bring forth wisdom, understanding and knowledge.

2 comments:

Yitzchak said...

the suffix tav-yud-heh means "his" in aramaic. Now what does that do to your reading? :-) I'm back to my idolatrous practices LOL so you'll be seeing more of me.

Lori said...

Hmm. Let me think. Maybe one day, if my bashert ever finds me, maybe I'll give him "his portion of wisdom, understanding and knowledge". Until that time, it's mine, all mine! LOL.

You're reading where angels fear to read, don't ya know? LOL. Don't claim I didn't warn you.

Dare to be true to yourself.