Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Short Jerky Lines Of Shalshelet HaKabbalah

Mr. E commented (regarding my poem, End Of Days):

sentence fragments
short jerky lines
random words
trying so hard to sound wise
does'nt mean anything
need poetry class
fighting ghosts within
what did that line even mean
no grammer
no puntuation
Im a poet
look at me
if I make it look profund
you don't know i have no clue.
So boring
I like burriots
I must be smart
I read a book once
god talks to me
he says im the lord of the dance
so wise so jewish
I like to say kabbalah
look at me
im Madonna

How nice. First of all, let me be perfectly clear - I am not trying to sound wise. I have no problem being either a fool or a rasha - as I have written in this story - The Fool & The Rasha.

Second, it's my blog and I'll write bad poetry on it if I want to.

Third, the wisdom of poetry isn't by virtue of profound words, it is by virtue of the kavanah and hashra'ah attached to those words.

Fourth, short jerky lines may not good poetry make, but short jerky lines do make a shalshelet, as in shalshelet hakabbalah, pivoting between mashpia and mekubal.



technorati tags:

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.