Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Kaf Ha'Yareich

י'ח בכסלו תשס"ח
Shamash 20

In follow up to my previous post, Peace Talks, where I disclosed that within a dream yesterday my head (kaf כ) was targeted and shot at by a factory gate guard, I found these tidbits regarding Yaakov's wrestling match with the "guard of Esau" as it pertains to the "remembrance thread of techelet", lashon kodesh and the meaning of the word "yerech":

The posuk says that the guardian angel struck the “kaf ha’yareich.”

"Yerech" is Lashon Kodesh.

Yerech is the place of conception (see also Rashi Bamidbar 5:20 D"H Es Yirecheich), Yerusha which is mainly from the father is expressed as the leg which is an extension of the body.

Taking all this together, my dream is telling me of "the wrestling match" of my "husband" where the "guardian angel" of Esau struck at my head using the discarded weapon of Yishmael. Esau's angel sought to strike me through the place of conception of holy or unholy language (the difference between the two being good-will or ill-will). Had I been struck, all in the car would have been splattered with my blood and the shadow of murder (which would have stained Esau's guard as well).

Importantly, the guardian of Esau could not wound us. Had we harbored ill-will and been a genuine threat to Esau, the guard would have been able to harm us. So even more importantly than highlighting the failure to wound, perhaps my dream is establishing a foundation of trust for the children of Yaakov (as we were not harmed in the Arab couple's home), the children of Yishmael (as we came without any weapons) and the children of Esau (as the guardian angel could find no way to legitimately harm us as we harbored no ill-will).

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.