Monday, November 26, 2007

Peace Talks

י'ז בכסלו תשס"ח
Shamash 19

This morning, I dreamt.

My "husband" and I were visiting an Arab family somewhere here in the U.S. My "husband" and I were Israeli-Americans in the dream. We were going on a recreational outing with the Arab man and his wife as two couples. To where, I didn't know. It was daytime. We had been invited into their home to wait as they settled their children to stay with older siblings while we went on our outing.

We took the Arab couple's car. The two men were in the front seat and the man's wife and I sat in the back seat. We had to make a quick stop somewhere before we proceeded on to our recreational destination.

The Arab man got out of the car at a place that looked like the entrance gate to an industrial factory. He spoke with one of the guards that occupied the booth at the entrance gate. He sold the guard his machine gun and got back inside the car.

As we were driving away, the guard at the entrance booth shot toward the car. He was shooting at me. "It's okay, don't worry, there were only blanks in the gun", the Arab man told us.

But that was not right. The shots being fired from the gun were live bullets. "See", I said, indicating the dents in the back windshield where the bullets had struck the back windshield right behind my head. Five bullet dents were there from the five shots that had been shot toward my head. I saw 4 of the dents being made as the guard man shot at me. The first one I had not seen as I had not been facing the back windshield to see it. The glass had not allowed the bullets to penetrate into the car - it must have been bulletproof glass. Nevertheless, the bullets had been live. Whether the blanks had been removed and the gun loaded with live bullets by the guard or whether there had always only been live bullets in the gun - I didn't know.

I woke up.

Annapolis Mideast Peace Conference

The "guard in the booth at the entrance gate to the factory" - this person/office is dangerous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a live experience this morning as I brought my son to school. There was a little muslim girl with her mother. Her mother stood there not paying attention to the girl once. She just said 'go' and left. The girl ran behind her and then realized how it wouldn't help. She came to the class and sat silently on a chair while the other children were playing. She looked at me, opening her mouth several times, as if wanting to say something and couldn't. She looked so intense, and I did too. It broke my heart. And it struck me as deeply meaningful.
And stunningly, NO-ONE saw. No-one saw the girl.

Dare to be true to yourself.