Sunday, November 11, 2007

Seats At The Tzadik's Table

ב' בכסלו תשס"ח

I dreamt.

There was some teaching event going on in a nearby town with a "tzadik". Only a limited number of "seats at the table" were available.

The table which was shaped like the letter kaf (כ). The open end of the kaf was toward the east wall where the doorway of the room was also located. My mother and I had acquired seats at the table. We sat next to one another on the north side of the room which was also the bottom leg of the kaf-table. The seats at the table filled up and no more were available.

The "tzadik" sat by the western wall of the room, in the center of the curve of the kaf-table. Before class started, while the room was being cleared of those who couldn't find seats, he got up from his seat and walked down the inner-side northern leg of table seats to see and/or speak with the students who occupied the places on this leg of the table. Coming down the leg (my mother and I sat in the center of the northern leg), he came to my mother first. He and my mother spoke as he was looking through her class materials - my mother's papers and my papers were kind of mixed together, but we were separating them into our own separate little piles of papers as he was talking.

We had been in a hurry to get there in order to get seats and had thrown our papers together into one carry pack to save time. We had figured there would be time before class started to separate and organize our papers. If we had done that first before we had left to attend the class, we may have missed getting a seat. As it turned out, we got our seats at the table, and there was time to before class started to separate and organize our papers after all.

Our papers were in order now and the signal for class to begin was given.

I woke up.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.