Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Rider

כ'ז בחשון תשס"ח

In my previous entry I mentioned the Druidic concept of the airts, quoting Nigel Pennick:

The fourfold division of the world, and its further subdivision into eight directions known as airts is derived directly from the structure of the human body and its interaction with the physical structure and processes of the planet upon which we evolved and upon which we live.

According to Druidic teachings, there are 12 airts or "winds of the directions".

In my mind, these 12 Druidic airts (the fourfold division and the eight "directions" evolving from the division) correspond to the 12 elemental letters (shteym esarah pshutot) as described in Sefer Yetzirah 5:2 as 12 diagonal "Boundaries" or "Arms" of the Universe, which parallel the 12 "tribes" of Yisrael.

According to Sefer Yetzirah, above the "Arms of the Universe" is the "Place" of the Universe. Interestingly, in my dream, also posted earlier today, the lethal stormclouds were "passing over" my "locations", yet I was in a Hiding Place, where "Place" refers to a singular unified description of "locations" (where locations correspond to the infinite "Boundaries of the Universe").

As I was posting the earlier entry, I was perplexed of perception as to why "locations" was clearly the symbolism expressed in my dream as associated with the limited "sight" of the stormclouds. Thus, while it emerges that the stormclouds operated over the level of "locations", at the level of Place, looking for me, I was safely over even that, Dwelling in my "Hiding Place" "from where" I rode out (or outrode) the storm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isaiah 26: 20

Lori said...

"Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee; hide thyself for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast."

Yes, that fits. Thank you for commenting.

Dare to be true to yourself.