Friday, September 29, 2006

Signs Of Things To Come

Dave at Balashon writes regarding the phrase gmar chatima tova גמר חתימה טובה:

The root גמר also means "to learn", and from here we get the word Gemara גמרא (also גמרה) ... Chatimah is also talmudic and can mean a signature or a sealing (Pessachim 104) ... Of course "tova" means good.

Interesting. This has played out for real in my life this New Year.

גמר. I started my study of Sefer HaBahir 10 days prior to Rosh Hashanah (for 10 days of selichot). As of this moment, I have 11 "entries" already on the first verse alone!!!! => my Oral Torah (Gemara), so to speak!

חתימה טובה. Erev Rosh Hashanah, my right leg flowed strongly (such that I became consciously aware of it) with a subtle energy all night long. It felt so good. A few days later, I found out via two sources (one being R' Aryeh Kaplan's commentary on Sefer HaBahir) that the word "shechakim" (בשחקים in verse 1 of Sefer HaBahir) pertains kabbalistically to Netzach and Hod, the sefirot signifcant to prophecy and mystical vision. Consequently, the awareness of the energy flowing through my right leg was a prophetic awareness and a physical chatimah tova for the New Year.

Kewl.

Technorati tags:

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.