Monday, May 07, 2007

Practical Witchcraft - On Reversals

כ" באייר תשס"ז

Jacob Da Jew asked:

If you do reversals of curses, who cursed them to begin with?

I don't presume to know who cast a curse to begin with. It isn't important that I know and in some ways, it is better that I don't know.

Reversals do not reverse upon specific people or groups via my intention. The reversal is built around reversing the curse no matter who cast it or when or how. In other words, neutralizing a curse is the focus as opposed to being focused on any curse-sender. For all I know, a curse may have Divinely originated. Thus, a reversed curse would return to the First Source, to be absorbed in It without any consequence to anyone particularly.

Doing it the way I do it, allows for the Divine Mind to direct the reversed energy independent of where I might think the energy should go. I could be wrong regarding from where a curse originates. Consequently, I do not interject my own thinking about that when composing a reversal ritual. The Divine Mind decides.

So, really, reversing a curse is basically removing apparent negativity from one's sphere of experience such that good is revealed as opposed to bad.

Technorati tags:

6 comments:

yitz said...

ummm... ומקללך אאור

are these non-jews you de-curse? we've already seen what happens to people who curse jews.

Lori said...

It is irrelevant to me whether one treated unjustly is a Jew or a nonJew. Injustice is injustice. Injustice is unacceptable, period.

Lori said...

ומקללך אאור
Would you translate this please? Thanks.

yitz said...

you got to לך לך in your more recent posted reply to me.

two passukim after it is: (Genesis 12:3)
ומקללך אאור
The translation is "Those who curse you, I will curse." it comes after "Those who bless you, I will bless."

You could play with the words/letters, It's Torah, there's infinite depth in the letters. (before we even get to the Tagin, Nikkudoth and Taamim)

Even though it would seem the word אאור would mean "I will light", the meaning in context is "I will curse." [There are a number of uses of אור as a curse in Tanach.]

Furthermore, we see from Bilaam that when someone wants to curse us, If HaShem doesn't want it to happen, He will turn it into blessing. (This is, incidentally, one of the ten things we are commanded to remember every day.)

We then see from David HaMelech that when someone does curse us, it is HaShem's Will that they do so, and therefore it is not injustice but true Justice, as we say in Ashrei that "HaShem is Just in all of His ways."

So all I was saying was, first of all, cursing Jews to begin with is folly. So in general, you wouldn't need to de-curse Jews.

and second, in the event that someone did curse a Jew and God chose to uphold that curse, it isn't a matter of 'injustice' that by your definition "is unacceptable, period."

[and for humor (and the real point):
ומקללך אאור
is קל, light, (as in קלות ראש) surrounded by מלוך - rule, one who makes light of his rule, אאור (gematria) 208 which is gematria Yitzhak - which means he will laugh.

so, "one who makes light of his sovreignty, he will laugh."

With all due respect, one can twist the words and letters of Torah to say anything at all. You are amazingly gifted at this, and I believe you do it in earnest. The question is whether we are twisting the letters to our own will, our own means, or whether we are trying to pursue HaShem's Will. There are numerous quotes from Pirkei Avoth to support this point.]

Lori said...

I'm not twisting anything to suit anybody. Just because my words of Torah don't square with your preconceived notions of Torah words doesn't mean that my words of Torah are untrue.

Lori said...

so, "one who makes light of his sovreignty, he will laugh."
Thank Goddess I don't do that ... and She laughed.

Dare to be true to yourself.