Thursday, May 17, 2007

Catharsis Of Knowing

כ"ט באייר תשס"ז

In my life I've had two* I/Thee experiences - one in 1967 and one in 1996.

The 1996 experience was more centrally Beriatic, "lower" than the one in 1967, and arose out of the initial context of an altered dream-like state of awareness. The 1967 experience came upon me while I was in full possession of all my intellectual faculties during a normal state of wakeful awareness. From an initial point of normal awareness, the central locus of my consciousness was taken beyond my body and normative mind to experiential unified boundlessness and timelessness via a mechanism I've called "turning inside out".

In my mind, the 1996 experience in some manner corresponds to "the place" in the closet (in 1967) where some kind of catharsis of knowing took place (right before turning inside out). In other words, the whole 1996 experience links to that part of the 1967 experience.

*Excluding experiences of pre- and peri-incarnating existence.

Technorati tags:

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.