Monday, May 14, 2007

Nothing To Complain About

כ"ז באייר תשס"ז

Either I am ill or the world is about to end (just kidding). I have nothing to complain about. Wow.

Things are going so smoothly. It's weird, but very nice indeed, when everything works out without a major problem. This is a new experience for me. One-two-three, everything is just falling simply into place.

First, last week I was offered and accepted a good job in a nearby state. The salary is good for this area. I've had higher paying managerial jobs, but this one compensates for the lower salary in that I'll be primarily dealing with data. I'm a data person. Also, the job is relatively low stress - again, because I'll mostly be dealing with data and working in a rather quiet environment. This fits my personality and won't go against it's austic tendencies. Deadlines are not really stressful for me. Noise and constant-people interactions are my difficult stressors. I'm not really a people person, although I think I'm personable in my own odd way. My new employer is even okay with my shabbat observance and has agreed to schedule my ocassional days "on-call" for Sundays. My hours are Monday through Friday, no Saturdays (unless an emergency) and "call" only on Sundays. Am I in heaven or what? I should pinch myself to make sure I'm still alive.

Second, there is a gawdawful amount of documentation (over and above the application for licensure itself) one needs to gather together to obtain a professional license by endorsement in another state. Egads! But, whadaya know - I completed it all today and sent the various documents out via certified mail before the post office closed. In fact, I think I arrived at the post office a few hours before it closed. None of my efforts was met with a major obstacle and people were helpful. Incredible!

The Force is with me. Yay! I give thanks.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.