Saturday, June 06, 2009

Ancient Time Cycles In My Life

י"ד בסיון תשס"ט
Mab 14

My earlier entry (Time For Changes) suggests a Saturn Return-like period in my life, but I'm only 48. Given my age, what is happening right now in my life cannot be clearly linked with a Saturn Return astrological event occurring in my life. Nevertheless, the suggestion bears good fruit.

Considering the possibility of a Saturn Return brought to my mind another period in my life which could similarly be described as Saturn Return-like.

In the summer of 1996, I "returned to Torah". Thus, 1996 clearly marks an earlier Saturn Return-like upheaval in my life similar to the one of the present time. It is now the summer of 2009 - 13 years later.

The 13-year cycle clearly evident in my life may be a microcosmic reflection, first of the 13 katuns associated with the prophecy cycle in the short count, and second of the 13 baktuns in the long count, of the Mayan calendar. According to the Mayan calendar we are currently in the 13th baktun.

The 13th baktun will come to a close on on 13.0.0.0.0 (December 21, 2012), turning time over into the 14th baktun. December 21, 2012 is a Capricorn solstice. I was born under the sign of Capricorn. But as written in my previous entry, I have choices. I shall be buried under the sign of Pentacle.

Time shall move on. And so shall I.

It isn't fate, it's destiny.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.