Sunday, June 14, 2009

Dark Peace

כ"ב בסיון תשס"ט
Mab 22

I dreamt.

I and my three children were living in a house I used to live in on a street called Orchard View. It was night and we were all sleeping.

Suddenly, the phone rang and woke me up. I answered it. A frantic caller scolded me for sleeping when there was a terrible storm brewing up outside. The caller told me I should be preparing for the terrible storm and getting my children to safety, then hung up.

I didn't sense any terrible storm brewing up outside. Nevertheless, I decided to take a look outside just to be sure my children and I were safe to remain where we were. I got up, went to and opened the front door, stepping halfway outside onto the porch. I looked up at the dark night sky. It was still very dark outside, but there was no terrible storm brewing up. It was a peaceful quiet night. In fact, I felt nestled and tucked away in a cocoon of peace. No need to worry - my children and I are quite safe.

As I turned to go back inside, I saw that a note had been tacked onto the outside of the door. I pulled it off and took it inside to read. Turning on the kitchen light, as I read the letter, I 'saw' the sky outside open up and in it were myriads of 'angels' flying about, all clothed in white.

My oldest son (as when he was a little boy) came into the kitchen. We put together a small white clothes dresser for my daughter's room, before returning back to sleep for the rest of the night.

I woke up.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.