Sunday, August 16, 2009

Rune Of Shabbat Rest

כ"ו באב תשס״ט
Lughnasadh 27

There are seven runes and one 'empty space' in my runic name. The seven runes of my name shall correspond in my life to the seven days of the week.

As Odin is the chief Divinity in Germanic tradition who guides souls, mediating between the conscious and unconscious realms, so too shall Odin's day (Wednesday) guide the week in my runic practice. Thus, the first rune in my name corresponds to Wednesday, the second rune to Thursday, the third rune to Friday, the fourth rune to Shabbat ... the fifth rune to Sunday, the sixth rune to Monday and the seventh rune to Tuesday.



Interestingly, under Odin's guidance, the fourth rune in my name corresponds to Shabbat, the Jewish Sabbath day of rest. The fourth rune in my name is also the rune of rest, namely Isa. Beside Isa, rests the empty space in which the Soul of Shabbat Consciousness is pulled into manifest existence.

All my Ancestors and the mysteries of the magical alphabets I've inherited from them are in harmony within me. Peaceful and full of well-being is my inheritance. It is כל טוב, all good.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.