Sunday, August 09, 2009

Rune Studies

י"ט באב תשס״ט
Lughnasadh 20

I have many books in my library on the magical Hebrew and Ogham alphabets, the systems used by my Jewish and Celtic-English ancestors. Integrating these mystical alphabets into my spiritual practice has been a blessing. So much have I discovered through them.

Now, having just acquired my own set of magical Runes, the magical alphabet of my Celtic-Germanic ancestors, and as I enter into the mystical art of runecasting, I have added some books to my library which explore authentic Celtic-Germanic runelore, philosophy and magic. May integration of this alphabet of my ancestors into my spiritual practice also be a blessing, and open up greater understanding into the mysteries uniquely entrusted to the Divine Spark which enlivens my soul.

These books by Edred Thorsson are those I have chosen with which to begin my rune studies.

Futhark: A Handbook of Rune Magic

Runelore: A Handbook of Esoteric Runology
Runecaster's Handbook: The Well of Wyrd

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.