Friday, May 25, 2012

Motherline Migration Map

While the previous two maps look back up to the past 500-1000 years and several thousand years respectively (and look at nuclear genes I have inherited from both of my parents), this map looks back up to the past 300-500 generations (6000-13,000 years) and looks at mitochondrial DNA I have inherited from my mothers down through the generations. Nuclear DNA and mitochondiral DNA mutation rates are very different - my motherline doesn't show up in Northwestern Europe as Scandinavian except in Iceland.

I have to digest this scientific paper while I wait for my full sequence mtDNA results to weigh in with information regarding which u5b subcluster I hail from.

The Peopling of Europe from the Mitochondrial Haplogroup U5 Perspective

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.