Saturday, July 12, 2014

I, Valkyrie

I watched Conan the Barbarian last night before I went to bed. Conan the Barbarian is a movie based on the sword and sorcery stories of Robert E. Howard. There is magic in that saga, for after I watched the saga, I dreamt an "another story" hinted to at the end of the movie as to how a "Conan"-figure became king by his own hand ("but that is another story").

The gist of my dream. It was a very cosmic-feeling, symbolic and archetypal dream.

At some point in the past, my true identity hidden, I had become pregnant with the prince's (the Conan figure) child. It was otherworldly how it happened, and I really can't explain how, as soul mates, this had been accomplished, but nevertheless, I was pregnant with the king-heir-apparent's child and he didn't know it was me who he had lain with (although I knew it was me who had lain with the king to be).

Actually, neither he, nor anyone in the kingdom, the king included, knew it would be me who was mother to this star child of the Cosmos. They all thought it was someone else, someone with a known pedigree. I had no known pedigree to anyone's knowledge - my pedigree was hidden, like was Seigfried's (as he was fostered by a dwarf blacksmith after the death of his father). The royal family had waited a long time for "Conan" to father a child, for this person who had been chosen for him had been barren for long years.

Finally it was signaled in the stars that now a child had been conceived (of "Conan's line) who would make "Conan" king (as Conan could only inherit his father's throne and become king after he fathered a child). Everyone thought it was this other woman who had finally conceived. But it was not, it was me. I knew it.

Just as the Cosmos had revealed the conception, so too did the Cosmos compel that which played out next. Just as was "Conan", I was lifted into the Cosmos to meet "Conan" - we were to fight one another in hand to hand combat. As I ascended, I was transformed into a shining Valkyrie, with a shining sword and shining winged helmet (just as was the woman in the movie). I was to fight my match, "Conan". Only after battling one another to stalemate, would our union be sealed. As I was ascending, I knew everyone else expected this other woman to meet "Conan" on the Cosmic field of battle, but they were all going to be shocked (as would be "Conan") when I arrived.

I woke up.

Interestingly, a few days ago (July 10 to be exact) before I watched this move, I created a new oil for my witchcraft shop called STAR CHILD.What an awesome precognitive synthcronicity!

1 comment:

Lori said...

[Quote] In Norse mythology, a valkyrie (from Old Norse valkyrja "chooser of the slain") is one of a host of female figures who choose those who may die in battle and those who may live. Selecting among half of those who die in battle (the other half go to the goddess Freyja's afterlife field Fólkvangr), the valkyries bring their chosen to the afterlife hall of the slain, Valhalla, ruled over by the god Odin. There, the deceased warriors become einherjar. When the einherjar are not preparing for the events of Ragnarök, the valkyries bear them mead. Valkyries also appear as lovers of heroes and other mortals, where they are sometimes described as the daughters of royalty, sometimes accompanied by ravens, and sometimes connected to swans or horses.

Valkyries are attested in the Poetic Edda, a book of poems compiled in the 13th century from earlier traditional sources; the Prose Edda and Heimskringla (by Snorri Sturluson), and Njáls saga, a Saga of Icelanders, all written in the 13th century. They appear throughout the poetry of skalds, in a 14th-century charm, and in various runic inscriptions.

The Old English cognate terms wælcyrge and wælcyrie appear in several Old English manuscripts, and scholars have explored whether the terms appear in Old English by way of Norse influence, or reflect a tradition also native among the Anglo-Saxon pagans. Scholarly theories have been proposed about the relation between the valkyries, the norns, the dísir, Germanic seeresses, and shieldmaidens, all but the latter of which are supernatural figures associated with fate. Archaeological excavations throughout Scandinavia have uncovered amulets theorized as depicting valkyries.

The word valkyrie derives from Old Norse valkyrja (plural valkyrjur), which is composed of two words; the noun valr (referring to the slain on the battlefield) and the verb kjósa (meaning "to choose"). Together, they mean "chooser of the slain". The Old Norse valkyrja is cognate to Old English wælcyrge. Other terms for valkyries include óskmey (Old Norse "wish maid"), appearing in the poem Oddrúnargrátr, and Óðins meyjar (Old Norse "Odin's maids"), appearing in the Nafnaþulur. Óskmey may be related to the Odinic name Óski (Old Norse, roughly meaning "wish fulfiller"), referring to the fact that Odin receives slain warriors in Valhalla.

[Endquote]

So, a Valkyrie can make the wish come true. And so, the question is asked (like in the movie, Conan the Barbarian), "Do you want to live forever?"

info source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyrie

Dare to be true to yourself.