Sunday, June 09, 2013

The Dragon Slayer

In follow-up to my previous post, I just learned that today is the Day of Remembrance for Sigurd the Dragon Slayer of Northern Tradition. This is an interesting synchronicity with my Naudh dream last night.

Michael Kelly writes in Aegishjalmur, the Book of Dragon Runes that:

the slaying of the Dragon is indicative of the victory of consciousness over non-consciousness in the individual.

He also writes that the act of consuming the Dragon's blood (as I consumed the orange juice in my dragon dream) indicates that this drinking is:

an act of affirmation that the hero and the Dragon are linked by blood: they are kin. In other words, the Initiate takes conscious control of his life and establishes his own Will in the place of sovereignty, but he accepts that the Beast he has conquered as a valid and necessary part of himself.

I was wondering what the heck the drinking of the orange juice had to do with anything in the dream. Now I have an association.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.