Thursday, November 04, 2010

Vindicated!

כ״ז בחשון תשע"א
Phasma Priscus 29

More good news in follow-up to my entry Upright and Just, where I considered the ethical issue I am having with a witch who is trying to claim I infringed upon her copyright by making and selling a drippy black pentacled pillar candle in my Etsy shoppe WITCHCRAFTS by Liorah Lleucu.

Well, I turned her in to Etsy after she sent me a certified letter advancing her threat to sue me for copyright infringement if I didn't stop selling my candle. With copyright law clearly on my side (I in no way infringed upon any copyright as she is trying to claim), and given that she is the owner of candle company with legal counsel available to her, her legally unfounded claim makes her threat to sue me abuse of the legal system to conduct a campaign of slander and harassment. She also has been harassing me via email, and apparently has been slandering me and trying to stir up trouble for me using Etsy forums.

With the claim and the evidence presented to Etsy, Etsy found that:

  1. No copyright law had been violated.
  2. That having been told not to contact me any further, any further contact this witch may try to have with me is a violation of Etsy policy and I am to let them know if it occurs, in which case, she may be banned from doing business on Etsy.
  3. That she is not to slander me or my shoppe any more using the Etsy forums.

I am vindicated! Yay!

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.