Friday, May 28, 2010

A Perfect Morning

ט״ו בסיון תש"ע
Mab 16

Today I experienced a perfect morning.

Bright and sunny with the happy songs of little birds floating through a very quiet breeze, the air smelled fresh and deliciously new, like when I was a little girl. My head was crystal clear and unusually sharp. Colors were vibrant, sounds were alive, sights were caressing. The soft smells of early summer danced lightly past my nose [inhaling deeply].

Washing my face, brushing my teeth and combing my hair, I threw on a comfortable black witch skirt and old white tee shirt. My toes with their bold red toenails laughed with delight as I slid on my black bejeweled summer flats. Barefaced and ready, I went to the post office to mail some blackthorn berries to Canada. The Universe kept smiling at me.

At the post office, even though I don't know the woman behind the counter, she felt so comfortably familiar to me. Her words in my ear had the flavor of a best friend. In fact, the whole trip to the post office made me feel like I was living in a colorful version of Mayberry. I just fell in love with my hometown. It feels so good to be alive.

Just wow.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.