Saturday, May 08, 2010

The Healing Feeling Of Wholeness

כ״ד באייר תש"ע
Annwyn 25

A new friend of mine asked me to elaborate on a statement written earlier today in my entry, A Year To Reveal All Good - "deep clinical depression (which discovering Witchcraft relieved in me - thank Goddess!)"

As I explained in my response to Cakes4thequeen, I'm not sure I know how to analyze it, but to say that it happened. My depression was psychologically severe. I had alienated many people during the course of it. For me, depression wasn't just a case of being sad, but a very real emotional disability.

The clinical depression really came upon me in full force in the mid 1990's and got progressively worse as I began to actively practice Kabbalah, the magical-mystical form of Judaism. The way I see it now is that the depression was directly related to the evolution of my spiritual pathworking - the Dark Goddess moving in me, in fact. I also think that the severity of my depression was proportionate in some manner to depth and intensity of my spiritual practice, even though in hindsight I see that the Kabbalistic practice alone without the integral incorporation of Witchcraft into it was imbalanced in me as a woman. Active spiritual pathworking naturally magnifies any areas of psycho-spiritual imbalance. I am a Witch, and the Witch in me will not, can not, be denied.

Finding Witchcraft, acknowledging the Dark Goddess in me, and evolving my own Divine Feminine reality brought critical balance into my life. In natural consequence to the balance Witchcraft brought me, my depression naturally got better and finally, gave way to joy. There is nothing quite like feeling whole - it heals.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.