Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pesach 5768. Out Of The Broom Closet.

י'א בניסן תשס"ח
Annwyn 12

I openly wore a pentacle at work today.

Later, having dinner this evening with my parents, my father came right out and asked me between bites, "Are you studying to be a witch?"

"Actually, I am, " I said, "I'm a Jewish witch. A kabbalist, a shaman ..."

"What's that?" my father asked regarding the latter descriptor.

"You know ... a mystic ..."

"Oh, you mean, a witch," he said with a small chuckle, then the conversation went on to other topics.

My children have all known for quite some time now that I am a Jewitch. But, I've never actually straight up informed my parents of my interest in combining witchcraft with Judaism.

I am totally out of the broom closet!

I have indeed been liberated this Pesach.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.