Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Autism & Rectifying The Will

A question was recently asked of me regarding autism, and part of my reply pertained to autism's link to the will (ratzon). This source in will distinguishes the angry outbursts of autistics from those who have bipolar disorder, who are primarily struggling with emotional balance. This was my reply, in part, to the question asked of me on the matter:


In bipolar disorder, the way I understand it, emotional balance is the issue. In autism, the battle isn't "sourced" in the emotions, it is sourced in the "will" of the person. Autism is a totally different ballgame than bipolar disorder. Bipolars are battling with emotions. Autistics are battling with will, which sometimes has fallout into the emotions. I also think that's why - particularly if one looks at an autistic who is not high functioning - the angry outbursts are very forceful -> this is because of the force of its origin is in the will (ratzon) rather than the middot.

In my mind then, the issue of autism is sourced in keter. In contradistinction, the issue of bipolar disorder is sourced in the middot.

Autism & Rectifying The Middot

Autism / Tzav Letzav

technorati tags:

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.