Friday, June 20, 2014

I, Neanderthal

The Dream Culture of the Neanderthals: Guardians of the Ancient Wisdom by Stan Gooch

I've written before (Archaic Consciousness) that in one area of brain function, I may actually be more like my Neanderthal and pre-modern human ancestors, than I am to most other modern humans. So, I am learning about what is known about the ancient wisdom of my archaic hominin ancestors as compared to modern humans (who are are hybrid species of at least Cro-Magnon, Neanderthal and Denisovan humans). This book is really awesome ... some interesting stuff here, so interesting in fact, that I bought another book by this author, "Neanderthal Question" which is on its way to me. I am even more convinced as I read this book that the Neanderthal genes I have in me have indeed found phenotypic expression in the way my own brain works.

While, according to this book, most people of Northern European descent are thought to be the most "pure" Cro-Magnon type of modern human, it may be that my own Northern-Northwestern European ancestors differ a bit from the norm, or that the genes that I did inherit from my archaic hominin ancestors are phenotypically active in me as opposed being phenotypically inactive as in most other Celto-Germanic-Fennoscandian people.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.