Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Soul Saga


Yggdrasil

Contemplating the mysteries of the European soul complex and how it aligns with my preincarnate memories, the runes, and ancestral tradition. First, let me share (once again) this poem I wrote about 20 years ago concerning one of my preincarnate memories:

and reflecting then
on the thought, shaking my tail
vowing remembrance

of my own story
through the fire river around
the world I came in

remembering back
before, how I can I tell it
my whole story, how

contemplating how
feeling this what, suddenly
who, is here with me

asks from the head who
around in circles I turn
unwinding myself

turning turning I
looking I pause to do what
who is here with me

in this darkest place
cool water in night, winding
around me your voice

spiraling about
binding me up speaking some
what say you to me

I trying turning
looking pausing to hear you
what say who to me

where have you rested
in wait for me, only me
you waiting for me

struggling down through worlds
into edges of edges
hearing your voice call

me into being
binding me about voicing
here I am, I am

Given the structure I chose for this poem and more importantly, the idea that the ability to remember these events evidences the existence of Mind before birth, I am first (but not solely) linking the series of events this poem describes as being aligned with the rune Isa (the ability to experience the "I" Self as a distinct being) and to the soul "part" personified by the two ravens (Huggin-thought and Munnin-will/intellect) of Odin in ancestral tradition.

Secondly, these events are describing my experience of being thrust into existence prenatally. In other words, in my experience particularly, the part of my personal soul corresponding to my initial experience of mindful self-identity, to Isa, and to the two ravens of Odin, seem also clearly corresponding to an experiential attachment to the journey of a single sperm, a seed of my father:

I reflected (Isa). I shook my tail (the little tail of Raidho), disengaging from the other tail part which had thrust me through and kept me attached to the river of fire (the membrane of my mother's egg which "I" alone had successfully penetrated), I then became experientially mobile (Fehu) as an individual "I" separate from all others (in contradistinction to my experience of Folksoul in the Ginnungagap). I took an oath (Gebo). I had a head (the head of Raidho). These things about myself I recognized and realized (Uruz) even then. My sense of "I" and these runes I carried with me as I experienced consciousness as an attachment to one of my father's sperm, one carrying the X chromosome making "me" a girl. This part of my newly incarnating soul and these runes I inherited from my father.

I remembered back before (Eihwaz). I needed to tell my whole story (Naudhiz), to become "I" more fully, incorporating soul parts from my mother. In the world I came into successfully (Tiwaz). Contemplating how, being creatively able (Kenaz). I inherited these runes and soul parts from both parents.

Suddenly who is here with me ... these transcendental parts of my soul (perceived proximal to the thinking part of me and contrasexual to my "I" at this point of mindfulness), I inherited from my mother:

Suddenly who - I perceived polarity (Dagaz). Around in circles I turned (Ingwaz). Unwinding myself (Othala, unwinding strands of DNA I inherited from both my father and mother), turning turning (Jera). Who is here with me (Berkano, as DNA from both parents come together to form the blueprint for my physical body -

Othala again) - these runes and associated soul parts come from the uniqueness I inherited as a descendent of both my father and mother:

In this darkest place (Thurisaz). Cool water in night (Laguz, Hagalaz). Winding around me your voice (the transcendent and folksoul parts of my soul) to guide me (Sowilo). Spiraling about, binding me up (Wunjo). Speaking some (Ansuz).

Resting in wait for me, only me, I struggled down through worlds into being (Ehwaz).

Hearing, listening, voicing - communicating (Elhaz).

Here I am, I am (Mannaz) - able and creative (Kenaz), all of the runes fully placed within my own unique stream of consciousness (Perthro).

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.