Monday, June 11, 2012

A Northwestern European Jewish Neanderthal in the Data Hole

 
Well, here I am again in the data hole among Middle Eastern and Jewish populations. By high resolution Principal Component Analysis using 100,000 autosomal SNP's and Stanford's Interpretome tool, just like in the European panels as an individual of Northwestern European ancestral descent, I am an outlier as an individual of ancestral Jewish descent in this Middle Eastern panel. My closet genomic neighbor on this graph are the Iranians.

It is interesting that in the high resolution panels containing data from both of my primary ancestral ethnicities (Northwestern European and Jewish), I am an outlier. 

My genome is strange, I think. Yes, as I wrote in the earlier post, maybe I am mostly Neanderthal (just kidding, I think).

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.