Thursday, June 28, 2012

MtDNA Full Sequence Results Delayed

Bummer, bummer, bummer. The expected date for receiving my full sequence mtDNA results has been pushed forward from 7/4 to 7/16! How can I stand waiting until mid-July?!!! I understand that they are doing science and have to be certain, but the waiting is so hard. I want to know! Am I a confirmed U5b1b, or even more defined into U5b1b1. Looking at the U5b phylotree, I could be further defined into a U5b1b1 easily I think. None of my known markers excludes this and the defining markers for further definition only show up in the full sequence test which decodes the coding region (as well as the hypervariable regions which went as far as U5b for me). I'm anxious to find out what my coding region transitions are and fleshing out my U5b subclade some more..

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.