Saturday, June 23, 2012

Meet the Family, the Dökkálfar

Well, late this afternoon I felt extremely tired, so I laid down to take a nap. To make an interesting experience a short story, I met some mischievous Elvin family members made of the same whitish-yet dark color of the the twilight shadows (like deathly-colored even) in which my haim (astral self) believed itself to be awake even as I slept upon my bed. They played with my head at the head of the bed, messed with my astral computer mouse (until I told the one "I am going to get you!", then he released it into my grip), shapeshifted alot, and I even had to remove one (stuck like glue) from riding my haim piggy back. During this close encounter, we came to an understanding about the rules of staying in my space.

Interestingly, at first I was going to throw them out (as they gleefully amused themselves trying to frighten me with frightfully shapeshifting forms), but my nonplussed attitude softened when I caught in the shadows one's true form in between a "shifting" - it had the small hand of an innocent child. At that point, my heart stirred for them as more to me than mere nuisances, and instead I established some rules for living with me. After all, I told them, I am a wight too and made of the same stuff that they are, so they are just going to have to learn to get along with me, and we are going to have to learn to get along together.

So, today I met some of my Elvin family members, the Dökkálfar (Dark Elves).

"I am not of the small folk," said Arafel in measured words and cold. [from "The Dreaming Tree" by C. J. Cherryh]

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.