Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Vardlokkur

י׳ בתמוז תש"ע
Faunus 11

Last night in the middle of the night a storm blew out our power for five hours. But, my alarm clock is battery-operated, so I woke up anyway. After being out for five hours, just as it was time to stop hitting the snooze button and to actually get up, the power came back on. I got up. And wobbled to the bathroom, feeling ill and exhausted.

Yuck, there was no way I would make it through the day feeling like I did - power or no power. The power coming back on just didn't entice me to disregard what my body was telling me. I went back to bed and promptly fell back asleep. I slept until nearly noon - and woke up feeling so much better. It is truly amazing the miracles enough rest can work on a body. I must've really needed some.

Later this afternoon, I drew a magic rune from the bag which rests within my altar space. That rune was Ansuz - the rune of order from chaos, divine communication, ancestral transmission of knowledge, the power of the mind to use words and symbols for transformation and of the Vardlokkur.

Vardlokkur is an Old Norse word made from combining two words - vard meaning "warrant, guarantee, answer for; guard, watch, defend”; and lokkur meaning “magic song, magic charm.”

As physical rest guarded and restored my body, so too this vardlokkur answered the resting spell with a song of shabbat, restoring my mind.



Runerow entries:

Runes 1-3: Transmission of a Sacred Secret
Rune 4: The Wholiness Code
Rune 5: Mysteries of the Staircase
Rune 6: The Ship of Safe Passage
Rune 7: The Ætheling
Rune 8: Communication
Rune 9: The Nature Of My Work
Runes 10-11: Wyrd Shema
Rune 12: The View From My Room
Rune 13: Thurisaz On The Falling Man
Rune 14: Power To Do It
Rune 15: Wyrd Preparation
Rune 16: Mother Of Manifest Blessing
Rune 17: By Force Of Destiny
Rune 18: The Othala Force
Rune 19: Secrets Of The Name

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.