Friday, January 23, 2009

House Of Levi, Beit HaBechirah

כ"ח טבת תשס"ט
Grael 29

These are the heads of their fathers' houses (the sons of Reuben, the first born of Israel) ... Shemot 6:14 (contains feminine phrasing - 'beit')
אֵלֶּה, רָאשֵׁי בֵית-אֲבֹתָם

Last night I dreamt.

I remember arriving to a tunnel-like gathering place for 'different ones'. The tunnel was like those under cities and road overpasses and such. We had gathered there of our own volition - in other words, we hadn't been driven there by fear or anything. We were there because we chose to be there among one another - like gypsies we were.

Some of our group were dancing, some talking, some just hanging out. As a new arrival, I was looking for someone. For some reason, I asked "are there any Druids here?" I was looking for a Druid among us.

Suddenly, I was standing in the shallows of the sea. The head of a man was brought up to just under the surface of the seawater to me by fishermen. I sensed that the man to whom this head belonged was part of my own soul and the Druid of my inquiry.

I didn't let the fishermen bring the man's head up out of the water completely - I had them return it to the safety of the deeper seawater before it had been exposed to air. For some reason, I felt that this was critical to resurrecting him. Then, sort of like in the movie Titanic, I entered into the depths of the sea and joined him. This too, was critical to our resurrection.

These are the heads of the fathers' houses of the Levites (according to their families) ... Shemot 6:25 (contains masculine phrasing - 'levi'im')
אֵלֶּה, רָאשֵׁי אֲבוֹת הַלְוִיִּם

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.