Saturday, January 31, 2009

Will, The Man In Black

ו' שבט תשס"ט
Imbolgen 6

Two divinations and two dreams.

First, erev shabbat I drew the pentacle card from my Well Worn Path deck. The pentacle card speaks to the ideas of stability, foundation, endurance, fortitude, manifestation within the physical world, and draws creative energy into active expression. Thus, kabbalistically the protective pentacle represents ateret hayesod, the foundation of malchut.

Then, to see what was 'in the air' (for which I drew the protective pentacle card), I drew three hebrew letter cards. They were עקו, a word from the root עקה meaning: 1) to enclose, 2) press in, and 3) fence in. Associated in my mind with these meanings were three ideas: 1) a witch's circle, 2) the midnight death of the firstborn as in this week's Torah portion (I am a firstborn individual), and 3) a fence for Torah.

I went to sleep and dreamt.

To press in.

It was night in my parents' [1] house where I am staying. The time was the present time. A white woman thug was trying break down the door, pressing to get in to kill us. I put my body against the frame of the door to block her entrance. It was a mighty struggle, the door popped off its hinges as she pressed in and I pressed out. Nevertheless, I managed to get the deadbolt locked against her. Somehow, in my pressing out against the door and throwing my weight against it, I threw her backwards - away from the door, off the large porch and into the yard. The white woman thug landed on her rearend on the ground.

The witch's circle.

I woke up, and got up out of bed. I smudged the house, particularly the door of the dream, with dragon's blood incense. Then, I cast a magic witch's circle around the home and all my family members, my place of employment and co-workers, and all our systems of support. After considering the hebrew letter card hei (ה), I instead put the hebrew letter card shin (ש) by my bedroom altar [2.a]. Though, according to midrash, the letter hei is the protective letter put on the doorposts of the Hebrews during the midnight massacre of the Exodus, I already had a protective pentacle [2] present. Moreover, the letter hei is a letter of receptive manifestion, and I had no intention of 'receiving' death. Thus, I instead chose the projective letter shin of the mezuzah. I also reinforced to my gargoyle to remain at his station, guarding the closet. Then, I went back to sleep and dreamt again.

A fence for Torah.

It was night. I was currently living in my aunt's [1] house with my three children when they were little (I have never lived in the house of my aunt - my father's sister, which is next door to my parents' house, in real life - and the house of the dream was actually a combination of her house and a house I used to live in when I was a young mother). Thus, this represents a mixture of time past and present.

I saw outside the kitchen window four black male thugs with knives making noise by the fence which runs between the house (of my aunt) and the house of my parents. (I have never had any problem with 'black male thugs' in real life and the only connection I can find to this detail is in this recent post of a video performance of Racheim linked to from DovBear.) They had walked on the fence and slid down it into the yard, and were preparing 'to rumble', to break into the house via the bedroom windows. They were going to storm the house and kill us all. There were too many of them - four of them against one of me. I couldn't use my body to block all the windows and doors against each of them. I was only one individual, while they were four individuals. So, while they were preparing to rumble, I packed up my children, and from another side of the house, I hurried us into my car and drove off. When they broke in to kill us, we wouldn't be there. We had already escaped as they danced in the dark with their knives in hand, in ritual preparation to slaughter us.

It was now daytime. We were driving the highways, moving from place to place across country to escape the male Green Hulk monster which was now trying to find and kill us, since we had escaped the four black male thugs. Every time I sensed the Green Hulk was getting close to finding us, we moved on in my car to another place.

We were on the highway when the Green Hulk finally spotted my car. It landed on the car as I drove. I had attached a flying 'shuttle craft' to the hood of my car, in preparation for just such an event as the Green Hulk finding us in our travels to escape it. The plan was to evacuate us from the car through the roof into the shuttle craft and fly away, leaving the Green Hulk to break into an empty car. But, the Green Hulk, not to be fooled that way again like the four male thugs at the house, had intuited that plan - I knew it - and he had broken stealthily into the shuttle craft to await and kill us when we evacuated the car as we had the house. He didn't know I knew he knew. We didn't evacuate into the shuttle craft. Instead, I drove under an low hanging overpass and cut the shuttle craft off the roof of the car. I drove on with my kids, and the shuttle craft lay splintered open on the road behind us. I saw a group of people standing there on the road, surrounding the broken vessel from which the Green Hulk emerged. One among them administered an injection to him and he morphed back into human form as he lay disoriented in the road. I saw a seam come together on his right arm as he temporarily morphed back into human form on account of the injection. Nevertheless, it wasn't over yet.

I was in a public place, among a group of people. It was again the present time (as opposed to when my children were little). Suddenly, a clearing formed, leaving me in the middle of the clearing. Again suddenly, a large crate-like box dropped down from the air as a 'gift' for me. It had dropped into the clearing near but behind me. I knew what was in the crate. The Green Hulk (the injected medicine having worn off) was in the crate - he was going to bust out and kill me in front of everybody. There was no escaping him this time. There was no vehicle of escape. I was surrounded by people. So, despite that I had not the brute strength to defend myself against him and would likely be killed, nevertheless, I turned to face the crate. I stood up straight and faced the crate, to meet him face to face when he busted out. I girded myself for the likely fatal encounter.

Suddenly, a Man dressed in all Black [2.b] dropped from the air between myself and the crate. He placed himself between the crate with the Green Hulk in it and me. The Man in Black was named Will. He was my Jewish ancestor Will Grunwald, and he had dark blonde hair like me (and like him, I too was dressed in all Black). With Will there and I behind him, the crate was sealed with the Green Hulk trapped in it unable to escape. Will had captured the Green Hulk and was going to reveal the Green Hulk's identity before the whole group of people who had gathered around to watch me be slain. With the group's attention focused on the revelation of the Green Hulk's identity, the 'woman behind him' (behind the Green Hulk) sought to sneak away from being also found out. But, I saw her. She tried to sneak out through the back of the crowd through a side door. But, I saw her. She did not escape unnoticed. And I had not been slain as the woman had anticipated I would be.

I woke up.

Footnotes:

[1] Yocheved was the aunt and wife of Amram. Yocheved and Amram are the parents of Moshe. In this dream, the two houses I live in are those of my parents and of my aunt (in combination with my own). Thus, in this dream, I am the Moses principle.

[2] A pentacle has six (שש - a/b) revealed elements - it is a intertwined five-pointed star encompassed by a circle. A pentagram has five revealed elements - an intertwined five-pointed star.

[3] In contrast to the blue dream of four sisters, the colors associated with this dream are white, black and green.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.