Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Four Sisters

ד' שבט תשס"ט
Imbolgen 4

Last night I dreamt.

I was one sister among four sisters. We were all of similar age (young women) tall and beautiful singers of some sort. (I looked nothing like I look in real life and am hardly young at 48.) I also had long black silky hair in the dream (each sister had a hair color unique from the other sisters). We were all wearing long silky dresses and very long elegant silky shoulder wraps sort of like the one in this video of Come Tenderness. We each also had our own clothing color scheme - I was the pale blue one - my shoulder wrap was white - or my dress was white and my shoulder wrap was pale blue - not sure which was which color (it may have alternated actually).

It was night. I remember that at one point, we each jumped from an overhanging rocky ledge into a bay-like area in the sea in which a crowd of people had also jumped for safety against or hiding from something. Everyone was treading water in the seabay at night to 'stay out of the sight' of some group of beings. Everyone was 'laying low' and 'staying off the radar' there in the bay. It seems that it was a safe place for most, but after a few minutes, my sisters and I had to get out of the water, also for safety and security (for both us and those hiding in the water). We couldn't stay there with the crowd in the water for some reason. But before leaving, I remember standing again upon the rocky ledge overlooking the bay below, with my flowing shoulder wrap moving gently like waves in the breeze and singing a soft song to those remaining in the water. After that, my sisters and I were 'whisked away' by our bodyguards to somewhere safe and secure. We were whisked away together (around the same general time), yet each separately taken to her own 'place' apart from the other sisters (for our safety, by keeping the pursuers from being able to focus on us together as a singularity). I had the feeling that we each (separately and together) embodied a very awesome power which was greatly coveted by those who pursued us.

I woke up.

I'm too tired to think too much about this dream right now, but the immediate connection to Celtic witchcraft's Sisters at the Back of the North Wind (as discussed in Holy Ground, my Torah commentary on parashat Shemot) comes to mind. I've never dreamt of having sisters before, and in this dream I had three of them!

Related entry - Ability To Bestow Ability
Related article - Yachid

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.