Saturday, September 22, 2007

Bringing Down Divine Knowledge

י"א בתשרי תשס"ח

In follow-up to my recent post (Dew Of Night) about being rescued by a mystical woman made of faerie folk (the Tuatha Dé Danann of the Druids), I first note that my Celtic middle name is Ann. Ann is a form of the name of the Celtic goddess Anu (also known as Danu, Dannan, Danand, Ana), mother goddess of the Tuatha Dé Danann. (Interestingly, Anu is also the name of a Semitic Akkadian god.)

Anu (אנו) is an extension of Ani ("I", אני a channel of Adonai) into further existence, from Ein Sof-Atzilut (י) into Yetzirah (ו). Ann (אנן) is formed through an extension of feminine intelligence (Binah of Beriyah) acting on the Hebrew letter vav (ו in Yetzirah) of Anu, changing it into a nun sofit (ן of Beriyah and/into Assiyah). A nun sofit implies an essence of "everlasting eternal faithfulness". Thus, my Celtic middle name Ann incorporates into it a line of acting feminine intelligence (emerging out of Aur Ein Sof) extending with everlasting eternal faithfulness throughout all 4 universes into physical reality.

Secondly and importantly, my name אנן like אני, is from the shoresh אנה meaning to "cause", "direct to a goal", "acknowledgement and "gratitude". Thus, I am a living embodiment of the Modah Ani prayer, the first prayer (of gratitude) we say in the morning immediately upon waking. The nun sofit in my name Ann is one tool through which I awakened from the dream described in Two Goats, Nogeáh V'eino Nogeáh .

Thirdly, through my name Ann, I am also a living embodiment of the Anu archetype, mother-goddess of the Tuatha Dé Danann who bring the Stone Of Fal (Lia Fal, prophetic stone of Destiny/Knowledge) to life. Yet, in addition to being Celtic, I am also Jewish. Thus, reflecting these two aspects of my unique identity, the stone I bring has a doubled letter "l" (lamed ל, learning/teaching); the stone I bring is this, my chotimah - Stone of FLL, in Hebrew:

גלעין (stone/kernel/revealing)
פלל (bringing together, mediating, judging, bringing down Divine Knowledge)



Modah ani l'fanecha melech hai v'kayam shehehezarta bi nishmati b'hemlah rabah emunatecha.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.