Sunday, September 16, 2007

Cashmere Kabbalah

ד' בתשרי תשס"ח

The kabbalah conference in Israel held over Rosh Hashanah has been discussed all over the blogosphere and news. I had no intention of adding anything to the proliferation. But, I just found this interesting little tidbit that connects to me and changed my mind - the designer of my favorite perfume of many years (which I posted about yesterday as I had recently purchased a new bottle) attended the conference. I had no idea that Donna Karan, designer of Cashmere perfume, was a kabbalist. Today I do.

Daled Amos blogs regarding the conference:

Other celebrities who flew in for the Kabbalah conference included movie star Demi Moore and her husband, actor Ashton Kutcher, Rosie O'Donnell and fashion designer Donna Karan.

I love the perfume, Donna! It's an exquisite fragrance.

3 comments:

Daled Amos said...

It's an exquisite fragrance.

And now you know why!

Lori said...

She must be a witch too. :)

Lori said...

He makes some good points generally, although I don't think he understands paganism very well. Paganism and superstition are not the same thing. Modern paganism is more focused with spiritual development, developing understanding, and working with the forces of creation to bring Divine goodness into the world. Rituals are tools one employs in working to achieve those goals. Some practitioners of modern paganism can be quite unsuperstitious and very intellectually inclined - and like kabbalists - some have more understanding than others.

Dare to be true to yourself.