Friday, August 17, 2007

What An Incredible Day!

ד' באלול תשס"ז

First of all, someone slashed two of my son's tires sometime during the night as everyone slept. But you know what? He's been working 7 days a week outside in this gawdawful heat and he needed a day off.

Then, on my way to work, my car just up and quit on the interstate, exactly 1 mile from the exit I take to work (my car came to a stop right in front of the 1 mile marker to the exit). But you know what? A nice lady stopped as I was walking and gave me a ride to work. Actually, a nice young man also stopped to offer me a ride to work before that, but my mommy has always told me never to get into a car with an unknown man, so I didn't accept it, even at my age.

Then, on account of the first two things that started off my day, I was late to this morning's meeting at work. But you know what? My boss and all those at the meeting weren't the least bit upset with me. In fact, my boss and the building director drove me out to my car to see if they could get it started and off the side of the interstate. When they couldn't get it started, they took me to the car repair place in town, so I could get my car towed and fixed while I was at work. Then, to top it off, when my car was done, my boss drove me back down to the car repair place to pick it up. It was sitting in the parking lot ready to take me home by quitting time.

And best of all, I have a good job and it all happened on payday, so I had the money to fix my car and to help out my son.

Then, in the middle of all this, something went bad on my dad's car too and he also had to take his car in to be repaired today. But you know what? My mom has a car that runs well, so dad is not carless. And most importantly, he is healing very well from triple coronary artery bypass graft surgery and recovering without any significant difficulties. Better the three family vehicles need emergency fixes than my dad's triple CABG need another fix.

Alot of inconvenient things happened today. But you know what? That dealt in the deal is all covered and taken care of.

ברוך דיין האמת

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baruch HaShem! You had an amazing day! It was tough but you floated right through it blessed a long the way and saw only good.

This is wonderful. May we all be blessed to have such an attitude of gratefulness. Thank you for sharing this information.

Lori said...

Thank you for the comment.

Dare to be true to yourself.