Saturday, August 11, 2007

Tefillin Shel Lev

כ"ז באב תשס"ז

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be upon thy heart ... Devarim 6:6

וְהָיוּ הַדְּבָרִים הָאֵלֶּה, אֲשֶׁר אָנֹכִי מְצַוְּךָ הַיּוֹם--עַל-לְבָבֶךָ

Tefillin are Jewish reliquaries [1] containing pieces of parchment upon which are written verses from Torah. From wiki:

Tefillin consist of two black leather boxes, one lain on the arm and known as "shel yad" (= "for hand"), and the other lain on the head and known as "shel rosh" (= "for head").

Tefillin means remembrance.

Significantly, the tefillin shel rosh and the tefillin shel yad are not over the heart (lev). They are over the head and hand, respectively.

Like tefillin worn by Jewish men, a Jewitch's spell locket is a parchment-containing reliquary. Unlike the tefillin worn by Jewish men, this Jewitch's reliquary is a tefillin shel lev. Above is a photo of the tefillin shel lev locket-box I have purchased to wear over my heart and to "remember" who I am in environments where I cannot openly wear a pentacle or star of David. Within it I will place a piece of parchment with my Hebrew and Celtic circle names, and a "Jewitch pentacle star", all written on the parchment with dragon's blood ink, and passed through Consecration incense. In this way, even in environments not accepting of Jewitches or Jews, I can "identify myself" and "remember" who I am within the environments, even though no one in those environments may ever know it.

Footnote:

[1] From AzureGreen website - "A Reliquary is used for storing your sacred relics and prayers. Some say that keeping your relics in a reliquary charges them with more energy and power."

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.