Thursday, August 30, 2007

Adam From Eve

ט"ז באלול תשס"ז

I dreamt.

I was traveling with my family in a car. My father and I were arguing (not in real life) because he didn't think I was doing like I was supposed to be doing - in other words, he thought I should be doing like everyone else in the family and get with the program. Only, I wasn't about to get with the program. I am an individual and I am going to be true to myself, I told him, and not to some idea he had of what he thought I should be. He huffed and puffed about it, but he couldn't force me into accepting to be of the generic mold he had in mind.

So, we all went back home. I went to my room. The candles on my altar were still burning. Now, I was glad we had come back home and not went on to our travel destination. It wouldn't have been safe to leave my candles unattended - it was a fire hazard to do so. So, I put out my candles with my candle snuffer and went to take a shower. We were going to head out on another journey afterwards.

Washing up in the shower, I saw that my left side was open. There was a big gaping surgical-like wound in my side under the armpit across from the breast area. That was weird. I had no idea how the open wound had gotten there. Odd. It didn't hurt. Nothing was falling out. The wound was clean. I finished washing up and stepped out of the shower to dress. There was a man there to help me. He saw the wound, although as I was showing him the wound, it closed up even though at some level I realized that it still needed care. We went to find my mother to put a dressing on it.

We found my mother and I layed down on a blanket on the floor for her to put a dressing on the wound. The man wanted to watch, but my mother made him leave while she did it. It was a woman-only thing. He couldn't be there while she dressed the wound.

I woke up,

clueless except for the story in Bereshit where Eve is taken from Adam's side while he slept. Only, in my dream while I slept, Adam (the man) was apparently taken out of Eve's (the woman) side. This is a new spin to an old story.

No comments:

Dare to be true to yourself.